Saturday, February 13, 2010

I BET YOU THINK THIS BLOG IS ABOUT YOU, DON'T YOU

Me and my daughter Jennifer, about 1987.


This morning I went before the SD53 nominating committee. They said, "Ok, you're in." That was easy. I guess there's never enough volunteers. They'll tell me at the SD53 convention which position they'll give me. Probably assistant chair or even a CD4 director. Or maybe Affirmative Action Officer. Or all of the above. Somebody told me it's good to keep busy.

Afterwards I went to see GYM again. I also went on Thursday, at which time I met my trainer Tyler. I'm not sure where I got the name Nate. Tyler gave me an assessment and then discussed the results. Apparently the strongest part of my body is my biceps. That's from lugging kids around for forty years. Tyler said I could probably beat a lot of people arm wrestling. I'll bet I could beat Brian Klaas. All he ever lugs around is campaign literature. (I can say that cause I know he'll read this.)

I did a mile around the track today easily. Then the weight machines. And the stationary bike. Next the pool for an hour. Sometimes I have to push myself to actually go to Lifetime Fitness, but once I'm there, I feel pretty good. Somebody asked me if I get bored just running around in a circle on the track. No, I don't; I'm too busy daydreaming while I'm running. 

It was crowded there today. They were having an open house. I could have brought a guest or two.

After leaving GYM, I went to the grocery store. I looked for shelled pumpkin seeds. They always have them at the other Festival Foods. Not at this one, though. The stock boy didn't even know what they were. I was shocked. This was in the Burbs, too.

I came home and went on my computer. New blog posts at MN Moderate to Liberal Political Roundtable. Holly's making anti-Dayton posts. She thinks he's a freeloader and riding on the shirttails of the DFL party. Holly, Holly, Holly. Tsk tsk tsk. Dayton a freeloader? That's funny. I like Holly but don't agree with her on this one. The DFL endorsement process relies on delegates. There are very few delegates compared to the number of voters in Minnesota. The democratic process would include these voters. ALL the voters. So as far as I can see, Dayton can do no wrong by going straight to the Primary. It's the logical thing for him to do. It works for him. It works for the voters. Will it work for winning? That remains to be seen. 

What else is going on? There's an elusive something that is just out of reach. I don't know what it is. It'll come to me eventually. Meanwhile, it feels sad.

I'm still reading Rob Hahn's book. I like it. He's got quite a main character in this story. His name is Kelly and he's a newspaper reporter. He has to figure out whether the priest committed the murders.

Someone ripped the campaign bumper sticker off my car today while I was at the grocery store. Good thing I have a spare. 

I think I almost have the PowerPoint to YouTube figured out. The Geek Squad was no help at all. They know nothing about PowerPoint, apparently. I still have to figure out how to get three sound files to play more than once without having to reinsert them into the slides.

My life has been running about as smoothly as a pig on stilts lately. Hopefully that will change soon. 

Next I'll be blogging about the gubernatorial candidate interviews on Radio KFAI. Watch for it coming soon. Probably tomorrow.

Meanwhile, kudos to the legislators for moving the Minnesota Health Plan along. It's looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.