Thursday, April 15, 2010

TOM RUKAVINA MEET AND GREET

Tom Rukavina (on right) with supporter.


Orrie Salper (on left) with Rukavina Meet & Greet Guests


More Rukavina Meet & Greet Guests


Tom Rukavina, Gubernatorial Candidate


Meet and Greet for Tom Rukavina, St. Paul MN, 04-14-2010


Last night I attended Tom Rukavina's Meet and Greet. I got a whole new look at Rukavina's campaign. I really liked what I saw. He was so serious that I took him seriously. Sometimes at debates and forums he adds a lot of humor to the extent that it seems like he's just joking around. Tonight, though, he was adept at getting his points across. Everything he said made a lot of sense. I felt myself being swayed toward supporting him.

Tom Rukavina really is refreshingly honest. Or brutally honest. Whichever term you want to use is fine. He gives facts and opinions straight up without sugarcoating. Many politicians like to tell us what we want to hear. Not Tom Rukavina. He'll tell us the truth. We can count on it.

This was the first time I ever heard him talk in depth about several issues. That's because the forums and debates only allow about two or three minutes per question. Tonight he spoke for an hour and a half. I was quite impressed.

The subjects he covered included mineral rights on the iron range, the budget, dealing with Pawlenty, what the legislature is trying to do, the criminal justice system, Second Chance Coalition, and several other topics of interest.

For those who haven't heard Tom Rukavina talk in depth, I would highly recommend that you hurry up and do so within the next week. He's really good when he has longer than a few minutes to speak. Take my word on this.

************************************************************* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.