Friday, December 18, 2009

TRIBUTE TO AUNT BERNADINE


My Aunt Bernadine died. If she had lived two more weeks she would have been 94 years old. She was born Bernadine Edna Downey in St. Paul, Minnesota. She married Everett Johnson in Sand Lake, Wisconsin. They had one daugher, Diana Lynn Johnson. Aunt Bernadine helped my grandmother raise me. She was my mother's fraternal twin sister. Bernadine was like a mother to me. My cousin Diana was like the sister I never had. She was four years older than me, but when we were kids we were together all the time for family outings, picnics and lots of play time.

Aunt Bernadine was 4' 3 3/4" with red hair. She was very feisty and spunky. Here's some pictures:
                                                                                                                               

Bernadine and Bernice Downey


  Bernice and Bernadine Downey


Downey Kids: Clifton, Francis, Dolores, Phyllis, Bernadine, Bernice


Left to right: Diana, Bernadine, Everett, Bernice, Bill, Colleen


Colleen's Birthday


Diana, Bernadine, Colleen


Grandma Downey, Tinkerbell, Colleen, Beaver, Bernadine, Bambi, Pixie


Colleen in 6th Grade



Bernice, Grandma Downey, Bernadine


Front Row: Grandma Downey, Bernadine, Bambi
Back Row: Colleen, Pixie, Diana


Diana, Bernadine, Grandma Downey, Colleen, Bernice


Colleen and Aunt Bernadine, Minnesota Winter


Three Sisters: Dolores, Bernadine, Bernice



Diana, Bernadine, Grandma at Bethesda Lutheran Infirmary


Bernadine in Portland Oregon Apartment



Bernadine and Diana


Aunt Bernadine Johnson with her Great-Nephew Jeff Radcliff



Aunt Bernadine & Handmade Teddy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.