Saturday, August 22, 2009

Growing Up in Vadnais Heights, MN

This is me when I was a little girl growing up on a farm in Vadnais Heights, MN. We sure had snowy winters back then. I had to shovel all that snow and I was only three years old! I sure had fun on the farm, though, playing in the woods and meadows, playing with my dogs and teaching them tricks, playing board games and having treasure hunts with my cousin Diana and our neighbor Theresa and Tammy Fast. Those were the good old days. There was only one really bad part about my childhood, and that was in the form of my evil grandfather. Other than that, I had a lot of fun. If he hadn't been in the picture, it would have been even better.

My grandmother raised me and instilled in me a love of reading and education. She always put my hair in curlers so I could have Shirley Temple curls. I didn't really like sitting there so long while she fussed with my hair, but I put up with it.

I learned to love all the family get-togethers on holidays. We celebrated New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrict's Day, Easter, my birthday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, my cousin Diana's birthday,4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. To this day, I love holidays. I even created a Yahoo group to celebrate them.
http://groups.Yahoo.com/group/JoyfulHolidays

All are welcome to join so we can celebrate holidays together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.