Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Daughter's Birthday


My daughter Jennifer Rachelle Morse Spartz will be 39 years old in less than a week. I already sent her a happy birthday e-mail with a wonderful poem and a beautiful picture of flowers. Doesn't she know that she's my daughter and I love her dearly? She just doesn't care. I've tried so many times to contact her, with e-mails, letters, cards, Christmas presents, and in other ways. All to no avail. I just don't understand this.

I would at least like to know why she hates me so much. I don't have a clue. I have no idea why she acts this way. No one in the Downey family ever held a grudge. She must get it from her father's side of the family. I know his sister Kim is like that. She always talked about other people in a negative way. My cousin Arvin called Jennifer's house once to talk to her about it, but she wasn't there. Kim answered and told Arvin that she hates my guts. I was astounded. I never did anything to Kim.

I remember how my ex-husbands parents used to talk negatively about their neighbors all the time. I always thought Norma and Dave were very nice people. They had two little girls who my daughter used to play with. We went to church with them. I sure wish I'd never married into the Morse family. What a mistake that was! I'm still paying for it emotionally.

Now my ex-husband claims he's a Christian. He's never even bothered to apologize for all the grief he gave me. He also makes no move to tell my daughter the truth about what was going on when she was growing up and why he was never home.

I wouldn't care so much if it weren't for my grandchildren. If my daughter wants to be such a person, there's not much I can do about it, but she shouldn't be depriving her two children of a relationship with their grandmother.

At the top of this blog you'll see a picture of my daughter and her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.