Sunday, August 23, 2009

Halloween Around the Corner

This is me last Halloween. Now here it is almost October already. I remember all the Halloweens when I was growing up. My cousin and I and the neighbor kids had such fun. Every year we would figure out what to wear for our costumes, then we would tramp around the neighborhood and bang on doors. "Trick of treat, money or eats, throw your garbage down the street," we shouted gleefully. There were only two houses that wouldn't participate. We filled their mailboxes with rocks and sticks and dirt. Naughty us!
When I grew up and had kids of my own, I always made sure they had great Halloweens. I'd take them around to the houses and they would run up and get their candy. They loved to see how much of a haul they would make. They always did quite well.
Now all my kids are grown. I really miss the good old days. I suppose that one of these days I'll be celebrating Halloween in a nursing home or Senior apartments. Meanwhile, I decorate my office cube. One year I won the prize for the best decorated cubicle. And sometimes I have a Halloween party and invite all my friends. Will you come to my Halloween party?

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be a blast to come to your Hallowe'en party. Now for transportation.... I love this season, it's my favorite and I always look forward to decorating for it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my blogs are welcome.