Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Minnesota Nostalgic Memories


I can't believe the North Stars left and then we had to spend money to get another team in Minnesota. Will the same thing happen with the Vikings and/or the Twins?




















There aren't many drive-in movie theatres around anymore. I have fond memories of them. The one pictures above used to be on the northwest corner of Highway 65 and I694.












Did you ever play the game Skunk when you were a kid? It was manufactured right here in the Twin Cities by Schaefer.



















What kid didn't have a Lionel train set back in the 1950's? I got mine for Christmas when I was eight years old. It gave me many hours of fun, although my cats were puzzled by it and the chihuashuas were frightened.












Remember Cafesjian's Carousel? It was at the Minnesota State Fair for years. Then it was removed to Town Square Park in downtown St. Paul. From there it went to Como Park, where it remains. This is a piece of Minnesota history. My cousin and I rode on that Carousel every single year. I always had to have the one and only pinto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.