My vote for the next Minnesota Governor will go to Mark Dayton. Here's my reasons:
1. He has decades of government service at both the federal level and the state level. He headed three state agencies. He knows how Minnesota government works and how it should work.
2. Minnesota is his home state. He's a native son. He cares about Minnesota and remembers what a great state it used to be and knows how to make it that way again.
3. He believes in the value of mass transit, including light rail, as an alternative to the car.
4. He believes that Minnesota needs a progressive tax system in which the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes. This is very commendable, since he himself is no financial slouch.
5. He cares about others. He was instrumental in getting seniors to Canada for prescription drugs at prices they could afford. He also replaced a Braille laptop that had been stolen from a blind woman.
6. He's nice. Yes, folks, finally a politician with Minnesota Nice written all over him. Nice politician...sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? Yet with Mark Dayton, it rings true.
What a great change this will be from the governors we've had in the last two decades. Won't you join me in voting for Mark Dayton for the next Minnesota Governor?