Saturday, September 12, 2009

Minnesota's North Shore


This is me in the North Woods near Lutsen, MN.

I love Minnesota's North Shore. It's a great place to go to relieve the stress of living in the big city. Take Highway 61 north out of Duluth and enjoy the panoramic views of the lake and the surrounding forests. You can go all the way to the Canadian border and beyond.

One year I packed my kids in the car and took the circle drive around Lake Superior. We took a week to do it. We ran into a blizzard in October on the north end of the lake. This was in Canada. All the motel rooms were full and truckers were sliding into ditches. Finally a family we didn't know told us we could share their motel room. That was so nice of them. They didn't want me and my children to be out on the road in a blizzard. The kindness of strangers makes me feel so blessed.

My favorite towns to stay in on Minnesota's North Shore are Duluth, Tofte, Lutsen and Grand Marais. Check out the following links:

My plan is to go to Minnesota's North Shore as frequently as possible. I'm planning a mystery series that will take place around Castle Danger, so I hope to spend a lot of time in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.